Saturday, January 13, 2018

Timeless

Saturday Stories
January 13, 2018


I'm always amazed at what I find when I'm looking for something else. I was checking my e-mail, where I keep all my files as drafts and attachments, and I came across some of my old diary entries. I got goosebumps because I found passages that say exactly what I feel right now about my current workplace. This is spooky – but in a good way.

October 7, 2012. Four things why I know I'm not insecure: I don't like gossip, I don't suck up to so-called authority figures, I'm not desperate to impress others, and I'm genuinely happy for other people's victories.

September 28, 2013. I never expect more than I can give. Friendship is sacred to me. I would have taken a bullet for a friend, like the line from a movie. N and J, two of my closest friends, have given me the same counsel: I shouldn't expect others to be like me. I don't. It's just that I can't understand why some people don't even care about doing what is only right and fair.

October 2, 2014, text to a friend: What is most important is that your conscience is clear. At the end of the day, that is all that matters. Your friendship with them remains steadfast after all these years, and you have become a part of their lives as they are to yours.

November 8, 2015: The universe is guiding my life to take a new direction. I only know I have to follow this road because my soul needs to be where it will lead me. Yet the smile in my heart comes from a deeper place. A friend had just asked why I seem to have no problems. I told him that happiness is not a physical object like an apple or a baseball glove, so it is not a matter of having it or not having it. Happiness, I said, is a choice. You choose to be happy. You claim it as your birthright because you are forever connected, like two rivers to the sea, to your infinite Source.

No comments: