Saturday, February 17, 2018

Infinity In The Palm of Your Hand

Saturday Stories
February 17, 2018


My first feature article got published on December 2004 in Philippine Panorama, the Sunday magazine of The Manila Bulletin. Since then, a lot of my stories have appeared in various publications like The Philippine Star and The Manila Times.

DeWitt Wallace, the founder and editor of Reader's Digest, is one of my virtual mentors as a young writer. His essay in a vintage edition has inspired me to write stories that are concise yet timeless, without needless words yet of "enduring value."

The best of my magazine stories became my first book, The Way To Inner Peace. The title comes from my essay on spiritual awakening inspired by Zen Buddhism and  Siddharta by Herman Hesse. 

My book first came out in 2013 from Smashwords, an ebook publisher based in the United States.

This year, The Way To Inner Peace got published in Amazon Kindle.

In the second part of the book are some of the most significant  essays from my journal. I would like to share brief excerpts here:

From Seeing The Miracles of Nature: Is the world an illusion? I see the miracles of nature and my heart tells me her mysteries are beyond what my eyes see. Yet there is beauty as real as the breeze that embraces me, I thought, trying to recapture those moments of magic that I have felt eternity within. Inside me is my Authentic Self. All I need is to cut away all that is false to reveal my inmost nature. There is a Higher Reality where I wage my real battles, and only by winning there can I find victory here. 

From Eternity: I am a spirit vibrating in a different frequency from the angels and my nonphysical guides. The universe responds to my vibrations because that is the real meaning of the Law of Attraction. Perhaps that explains why, when I was a child, I was able to see things other people don't only when I feel happy. In my moments of sadness, even in the sense of Celtic-like melancholy that have become a part of me, I feel as if my senses are imprisoned in a steel vault. At those times I find it hard to reach out and touch the universe. But when I go deep within, I begin to feel the wisdom in the words of the mystic William Blake: 

To see the world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wildflower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

See The Way To Inner Peace on Amazon Kindle

Photo courtesy of SocImage.com/user/anime.vietnam


No comments: